Baseball Star - Baseball Simulation Game
- Realistic baseball career simulator. Users manage virtual baseball player careers from start to finish.
- Based on a board game that I developed.
- Simulation engine written in PHP.
- Every possible at bat outcome mapped to the roll of 2-4 die, then translated into code.
- ~800,000 baseball games simulated every year with detailed data stored in a MySQL database.
- Users can customize player traits and attributes using points they earn based on their in-game performance.
- PHP - Primary programming language.
- Twig (Symfony) - Template engine for PHP.
- Bootstrap - Responsive website design framework.
- MySQL - Large database that stores stats and more.
- Git - Version control system.
- !#bin/sh - Shell script unpacks and deploys Git repo changes.
- GitHub - I am the only developer. Used for code backup.
- DigitalOcean - Cloud VPS provider.
- Ubuntu - DigitalOcean distribution image.
- Linux - VPS operating system.
- NGINX - Web server.
- Trello - Kanban project management.
Craftmanship matters to me. I am reading books every developer should read and am publishing my notes