I like to keep busy and am always looking for ways to showcase my skills and learn new techniques.
- Created an algorithm that detects undesired ingredients in foods.
- Developed and maintain a database of ~900,000 foods from around the world.
- Approximately 16,000 monthly users.
- SaaS licensing food data to other businesses.
- LEMP stack using Redis, Symfony's Twig, and a custom Git workflow on a DigitalOcean Ubuntu distribution.
- REST API providing food data to food-related software projects.
- API can handle ~800,000 calls within a 5-minute window while maintaining an average response of 48 ms.
- API follows OpenAPI specifications and Swagger.
- B2B data licensing agreements with a handful of companies.
- Cross-platform compatible React Native app built using Expo CLI.
- Users can scan barcodes and search for foods to check if they have undesired ingredients.
- Approximately 2,000 users across all platforms.
- Uses React Native Paper Material Design library.
- Available on iOS, Android, and the Amazon App Store.
- Realistic baseball career simulator. Users manage virtual baseball player careers from start to finish.
- Based on a board game that I developed.
- Simulation engine written in PHP.
- Every possible at bat outcome mapped to the roll of 2-4 die, then translated into code.
- ~800,000 baseball games simulated every year with detailed data stored in a MySQL database.
- Users can customize player traits and attributes using points they earn based on their in-game performance.
- Built using Symfony, Twig, and Bootstrap.
- Runs on a DigitalOcean Ubuntu 20.04 distribution with a LEMP stack.
- Built a lightweight CMS that lets me dynamically edit page content, reading list notes, etc.
- Custom Git-based workflow. Shell script on my server unpacks changes and copies them over to the live directory.
- Built with SOLID principles in mind.
- Easily integrate any REST API with just a few lines of code.
- Object Literal JS + OO PHP framework.
Craftmanship matters to me. I am reading books every developer should read and am publishing my notes